1. Types available:
- a. Aluminum
- b. Bi layer (Zn and Aluminum)
RoHS approved MPP film is also available with all types of Metallisation
- Available sizes:
- Thickness: 3.5 micron to 12 micron ((± 4%)
- Total Width: 25,30,34.6, 37.5, 50,56,62.5, 75 & 100mm. (± 0.3 mm)
- Free margin: 2.0 mm ((± 0.3 mm)
2. Roll Dia
- Core ID : 75mm.
- Splices : 2 Nos. maximum.
- Roll OD : 325 mm mazimum.
- Special dimensional requirements can also be made available on request.
- a. Aluminum : Conventional type metallization with Aluminum layer.
- b. Bi layer with Heavy/Reindorced edges (Aluminium/Zinc Alloy) to provide excellent bonding to end spray.
Slope / Taper / Ramp
Linear slope is maintained while metallization by maintaining the resistance value of 2 Ohm per sq. at heavy edge and gradually achieving 20 ohms per sq. towards free margin side.
4. Advantages of Slope/Taper/Ramp
- a. Since there is no sudden transition in resistance value between heavy edge to the active area, this feature makes the film electrically stronger & it can sustain more voltage surges as compared to the traditional MPP films.
- b. During thr process of winding the surface to surface bonding in case of slop / taper MPP is extremely superior & this quality imparts NO AIRGAP between the dielectrics during winding. This helps in elimination of sparks near the heavy edge.
- c. When the voltage is applied to the capacitor the current and heat distribution is absolutely uniform in case of slop / taper MPP Film.
4. Standard Resistance Values
|Sr. No.||Type of Metallization||Avg. Resistance value||Heavy Edge Resistance value|
|01||Aluminum||2 to 4 ohms/sq||NA|
|02||Bi Layer||6 to 9 ohms/sq||2 to 3 ohms/sq|
|03||Slope/Taper/Ramp||10 to 13 ohms/sq||2 to 3 ohms/sq|